O RT NE HISTO RI H PI CA L N Moreton Bay Region Cultural Heart SO C C. IETY IN 9 ee t 5 3 Ro ad oad North 4 Pine R iver 2 dS tr ee t ms tr ong Rei Ar 1 reet ee t Str 6 Gy mp ie Ro ad Wyllie Park Gympie Road Sweeney Reserve 22 et Frank Skinner Park Mathieson Park 28 26 29 tre in S 7 8 17 15 Mund 14 16 t ree t rS Rive 19 23 Mill St 10 13 or sS tr 12 11 nn Bray R Anzac Avenue t Ro ad ay Str ee or o 27 25 1, Da ro Roa d 20 ,2 bo yb Co 18 te rs on Old Day Pat t 30 Br t Ba n Cresce rook 32 wi nS tr ee 31 Wy Washb ro Roa d lli eS tr ee t bo Stephen Lawn Park 24 Taylor S eet treet t Str ld Day eS tr ee e eet ng gy l rt 33 aS tr Ar Cou on oo rD riv ion You Tand Cam Bo The new bridge, 1936 North Pine River Reserve, 1923 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 1823 Lt. John Oxley discovered the Pine River. 1911 1862 The North Pine River Reserve was set aside for government purposes. The Dept. of Railways changed the name of the North Pine Railway Station to Petrie. 1925 1864 Tom Petrie built ‘Murrumba’ homestead. The first trees on Anzac Memorial Avenue, two Cocos palms, were planted by the Governor. 1865 ‘Petrie’s Accommodation House’ opened. 1926 1875 A provisional school opened on the north bank of the river. The first police officer was appointed to the area. The Petrie Post Office was moved to new premises in Station Street. 1929 Gordon Jackson opened the ‘North Pine Service Station’. 1877 ‘Sir Arthur’s Bridge’ was opened by the Governor. The North Pine Wesleyan (Methodist) Church was constructed. 1936 1879 The Pine River North State School opened in a new building. Construction of the new North Pine Bridge was completed. 1982 1882 The North Pine Courthouse was constructed. The name ‘North Pine Country Park’ was approved for the historical village project on the former Hyde family’s property. 2000 The Pine Rivers Heritage Museum was opened in the North Pine Country Park. Archibald Hamilton Snr. opened a general store. 1883 Alexander Jackson Wyllie purchased land in North Pine. 1884 The North Pine Presbyterian Church was opened. 1885 Charles Patterson established a blacksmith shop in North Pine. 1886 William Reid set up business as North Pine’s first bootmaker. 1887 A new building was erected for the North Pine Hotel. The North Pine Cemetery was officially opened. The North Pine Branch of the Queensland National Bank opened. 1888 The Pine and Redcliffe Divisional Boards were established. The North Coast Railway opened as far as North Pine. James Connors established a saddlery shop. 1890 The North Pine School of Arts was officially opened. 1898 The first section of ‘Lorne Villa’ was erected by the O’Loan family. The Petrie Masonic Hall was opened in Whites Road.
© Copyright 2018 ExploreDoc